Blog Engage – Social Networking For Bloggers
I've been a member of the Blog Engage community since November of 2009 and it's one of the most important blogging decisions that I ever made. I enjoy being member of Blog Engage and the blog promotion resources is only the half of it. Bloggers should always be willing to learn more about their craft and BE is an excellent place to do so.
The owner of Blog Engage asked me a question on Twitter and one thing about Blog Engage, if Brian needs your help you can't turn him down. You can find out more about the community and my experiences in these other posts. Now let's get to the question.
If you have a WordPress blog you can install the Blog Engage plugin that will display the button along with a counter. Recently the Digg Digg plugin was expanded to include a Blog Engage button and the Sexy Bookmarks plugin has included the button for quite some time.
Add Blog Engage Button on WordPress.com
WordPress.com users know that java scripts are not allowed and quite simply they just don't work on our blogs, so the question is, what is the alternative? Here's what I'm doing on Ms. Ileane Speaks my primary blog to add the Blog Engage button.
- Download one of the images from the Blog Enage site link for Profile Promo and save it to your computer
- Upload the button to your WordPress.com Media Library
- Edit an existing post or publish a new one
- Submit your post to Blog Engage
- Copy the URL from the vote page of your post
- Go back and edit the post on WordPress.com and insert the button image where you want it to appear on your post
- Click the image to edit it
- Paste the URL from Blog Engage in the Link URL box (see image below)
Update and save your post and take a look. The next time you want to add the button you can skip the first step because the file is already in your Media Library. These steps might seem long but it is well worth it to make it easy for follow Blog Engagers to vote for your posts so that you can end up on the front page at Blog Engage. Your traffic will rise and you will become noticed not only in the community but throughout the blogosphere.
Related articles by Zemanta
- Basic Blog Tips (basicblogtips.com)
- 5 Ways to Effectively Promote Blog Posts (famousbloggers.net)
- Promote Your Blog on Blog Engage the Easy Way (BasicBlogTips.com)