In this edition of the Blogger Interviews Series, the tables are turned and I'm the one answering the questions this time.
When long time blogging friend Mitch Mitchell of I'm Just Sharing asked me to sit down and chat with him via a Google+ Hangout On Air, I was more than happy to do so. It seems I've been spending a great deal of time in Hang Outs lately so there was relatively little fuss involved with getting things set up for the recording.
During the course of the interview there were a few surprises on, well let me just say that they were surprises to me anyway. One of them is that Mitch feels that he sees me spending more time on Google + than any of the other popular social networks like Facebook and Twitter. I guess there is a good reason for him to feel that way but it's certainly not the case.
Balancing “Real” Life, Social Media and Blogging
One of the funny and entertaining aspects of this video is how we talked about balancing real life – better yet, in this case let's call it “offline life” – with life on the internet.
For example, about half-way through the video there is a real-life event that almost threw a monkey-wrench in my plan to remain cool and confident throughout the Hang Out. You'll have to watch to see that one. Mitch also mentions his experience with a Ladybug, but you'll have to bribe me if you want to know more about that.
Social Shout Outs and Blogging Mentions:
- My daughter Nikki Purvy aka Chic Renegade 2:58
- My friend Kissie aka Evelyn 4:07
- WordPress vs. Blogger 5:00
- Lisa Irby -my online mentor 5:20
- Mitch's Ladybug and Mitch Allen 8.03
- My moto: I'm Here to Learn, to Teach and To Connect 8:28
- BloggerLuv 8:50
- Google+ Comments on YouTube 9:57
- Brian D. Hawkins from Hot Blog Tips 12:00
- My process for accepting guest posts 14:08
- Adrienne Smith and Mitch's upcoming guest post on Adrienne's blog 19:00 (watch a HOA with me and Adrienne)
- My previous guest posts on Blog Engage and CommentLuv
- Black Web Friday and Black Social Media Heroes #BSMHeroes 24:57
- Targeting blog posts to suit the expertise level of your audience 32:22
- Why Mitch doesn't see me on Facebook 36:22
- How to use Triberr 46:18
- Shout Outs and closing thoughts 48:55
This interview was a long time in the making and I'm glad Mitch and I finally got a chance to hangout. What did you think about it? Did you get some of your blogging questions answered in this interview?
- Blogger Interview: Sharing Pinterest Marketing Ideas with Jeff Sieh from Basic Blog Tips
- The Guest Blogging Survival Guide by Kristi Hines
- Email Marketing Blueprint – The Ultimate Guide to Building an Email List Asset by Steve Scott