If you love blogging and you want to generate an income online using it, how will you start? And if you do become a success, how will you turn this success into profit?
It seems that the hardest thing to do is get traffic, but once you get it and become good at it, you can generate an income online, or at least that's what they all say, but no one takes the time to show you the exact steps they took after they acquired that necessary traffic to turn into profit. I don't want them to tell me what I already know by listing the different ways I can generate an income online, I want to know what they did the moment they decided to monetize their blog.
If I start a blog and it becomes popular due to my unique high quality content, whats next?
For example which one of the following should I choose, or at least start with so I can generate an income online from my blog?
2) Google AdSense?
3) Other Advertising Networks? (such as ClickBank or BuySellAds.com)
4) Other ways…
Most people can get their blog to be a success based on their creativity and knowledge about the main topic their blog is based on, but then get lost when it's time to turn that into profit.
Whenever I visit a new successful blog with decent traffic ranks, I try to identify all the methods the blog owner uses to generate an income online.
Two common methods that I'm always able to easily spot are Google AdSense and ClickBank.
But I have no idea if the owner started with one of those or used other methods first and as his/her blog got better they upgraded to either AdSense or BuySellAds.
For now, lets take a look at these two methods. Both can be used to generate an income online:
We all know that AdSense is one of the best options to generate an income online by displaying relevant ads on your website. But if that's true, how come some blogger's prefer using services such as BuySellAds? (Even though their blog has the potential to easily get accepted by AdSense without any problems so that is not an issue).
BuySellAds is an Online Advertising Network that helps online advertisers and website publishers buy and sell ads without any hassle by matching them together, they get to keep %25 on whatever the advertiser pay you per ad slot per month. So if you have a good blog, advertisers can keep renting that Ad slot from you month after month, giving you a nice stable income.
If you want to be successful with AdSense you need clicks, but what if you don't get a lot of clicks but do have a high page impressions? will AdSense still be the correct choice to use? or should you try a service such as BuySellAds since advertisers pay you to rent an AD spot on your blog regardless of how many clicks you receive.
It's very difficult to get into BuySellAds. A few month ago I applied there and submitted my blog, I didn't have any hope but I said what the heck I'll try anyways, 2 days later I (of course) got rejected and they said to apply later once my site got better traffic.
Right now my blog is pretty decent and I plan to continue to grow it, but I'm not really sure what's next after that, should I just focus on Affiliates and forget about advertisers or should I try to rank high in every site metric possible so my blog looks good to advertisers?
What's your take?
Please try your best to answer ANY of the following questions in the comments below, I would love to here your opinions:
1) If you are a successful blogger and currently making money blogging, what is the first step you took to monetize your blog the moment you decided to generate an income online from it. Please name the method you used and a brief description of how you did would be awesome. 😀
2) If you have experience with AdSense, ClickBank or BuySellAds which one do you recommend for a successful medium traffic blog?
3) Any tips you have to help us get accepted by BuySellAds? If you view their site profile for any blog or site you can see they display many metrics about each site such as their Alexa, Google Page Rank, Twitter followers and even their delicious bookmarks, which one of these matter the most to get our blog to be approved?
4) If you are new and your blog is not where you want it to be at just yet, how do you plan on monetizing it once you become a success?
I think that knowing what step to take next once you gain enough traffic will help motivate you to work even harder to achieve your goal and eventually be able to generate an income online.