[box type="important"]Get Your Copy of CommentLuv Premium[/box]
CommentLuv is a WordPress plugin that you install on your blog to reward those who comment on your blog posts, by allowing them include a link to one of their blog posts in their comment. Many popular bloggers, myself included, prefer using CommentLuv over the other alternative commenting systems available for WordPress like Disqus, and Livefyre. CommentLuv works with the default commenting system of WordPress, but it can also be installed on your blog along with Intense Debate, which is another popular alternative. The latest version of this plugin is CommentLuv 2.9 and it’s available for free. Just search for plugins in your WordPress dashboard or download it from the WordPress repository.
[box type="note"]You can find a list of CommentLuv Enabled blogs at Ana Hoffman’s Traffic Generation Cafe![/box]
Digging Deeper into Your Blog
I used the first paragraph, to introduce CommentLuv in case this is your first time here or if you’re not really sure what CommentLuv can do for your blog. Now let’s talk about the premium version of CommentLuv. First let me just say how much I appreciate Andy Bailey, the developer, for allowing me to be a beta-tester of this plugin. One of the reasons he gave me access is because of the large number of comments that I get here on Basic Blog Tips. As I’m writing this post, there are new comments coming in and I can see the counter in my dashboard continue to climb. Therefore if you want to increase the traffic, the level of engagement and ultimately the number of comments on your blog, I highly recommend that you install CommentLuv. But if you’re thinking about investing in the premium version, here’s what you need to consider before you take the leap!
Set Goals for Your Blog
If you haven’t set any goals for your blog yet, you might as well start now; otherwise when you get your hands on CommentLuv Premium you won’t know how to configure it. Yes, you are going to need to put your thinking cap on for this one, that’s why I’m here to help. These are a few of the important decisions you’ll need to make:
- Are you going to give full access to CommentLuv links on your blog?
- Are you going to require readers to register for your blog in order to pick from their last 10 posts?
- Are you going to allow DoFollow for the links?
- Are you going to allow Keyword Name Luv for your commenters?
- Are you going to moderate trackbacks?
- Are you going to encourage “social enticements” before allowing full access to CommentLuv?
- Are you going to set the number of key-ups allowed before a comment goes to spam?
- Are you going to install the JetPack plugin now that the conflicts with CLP have been resolved?
- Are you going to customize the message that appears next to the GASP check box? (check out my fun custom message)
- Are you going to let the commenter’s Twitter name be clickable?
I provided links to each one of those terms to help you make your decisions. The only link I didn’t provide is for “social enticements” and since I think Andy made that one up (or at least he’s helping make it an accepted part of the English language) I’ll briefly explain what it means.
Social Enticements Help Your Blog Posts Get Shared
Now you can take off your thinking cap because I know your starting to feel like you’re ready to download CommentLuv premium. I promise it will be ready real soon, but I wanted to make sure you get your blog ready first.