As the internet becomes an ever more important tool for businesses, many new online office apps and tools are beginning to sprout up all over. Let’s take a look at ten of the most popular online office tools today.
10 Online Office Tools
1. iWork.com – iWork.com is a program designed by Apple that allows you to share your documents with anyone online. The program is user-friendly and works on a Mac, PC, or iPad. All you have to do is click the “Share” link on your iWork.com page, and you are able to share the documents or spreadsheets that you have created through a URL link. Visitors are allowed to leave comments and feedback on your original work as well.
2. Microsoft One Drive – One Drive is another great online tool for businesses to share documents and other information. One especially appealing aspect of this tool is that it allows users to create documents in Microsoft Office programs, such as Word, Excel, or PowerPoint, and share these documents with others online.
3. Google Docs – Google Docs is another one of those excellent tools for sharing data through the web. Anyone who has a Google or Gmail account is able to access this part of Google’s website. Google stores the documents you save to your account in Google Drive so you can access them at any time, and sharing these documents is as simple as attaching them to an email.
Gmail and Google Drive have some really powerful integrations that can help you be even more efficient when you’re handling your office chores. One of my favorites is that you can save files from your Gmail directly to Google Drive. You can see how seamlessly this can improve your work flow and save storage space on your PC hard drive too. Watch the video to see how you can easily send files from Gmail to your cloud storage on Google Drive.
5. Basecamp – Basecamp is a company that provides services for millions of clients each year. At this site, users can plan projects, log work time, converse with others, and track deadlines and progress on each project. Basecamp is a great tool for keeping group members updated on projects in a central location. New users can access a 30-day free trial for the tool, although many say the site is so easy to use that it is impossible to turn down.
6. Campfire – The Campfire program is another easy-to-use online tool for file sharing and discussion. Campfire users have the convenience of using the program via their iPhone, laptop, or home computer. Campfire also provides chat services and data sharing that is fast and secure. Users can discuss image quality, examine documents, and make decisions while logged in to the site.
7. Crocodoc (now part of Box) – Crocodoc is a unique file sharing tool where users can edit, share, and update forms and websites online. Like many of the other online office tools, Crocodoc provides a means through which people can add their input into the creation of a website or document. Documents can also be sent to clients for signatures or approval. Users often go to Crocodoc for easily filling out forms, editing papers, or taking notes on a secure network.
8. Fresh Books – Fresh Books is a great application for business owners and managers because it helps make the invoicing process simple. The Fresh Books application can be downloaded onto an iPhone for easy access. Employers can keep track of their staff’s time sheets and complete accounting simultaneously. Fresh Books is a great way to simplify the financial aspect of your business.
9. Evernote – Evernote is an extraordinary application for helping you stay organized. All you have to do is write down ideas, take photos to remember, save a web address, or make a list. Evernote will keep it safe for you so all you have to do is search the application when you need to remember. Evernote is available for all types of smartphones, computers, and other devices for easy access.
10. Doodle – Doodle is another one of the great tools to help you stay organized. Doodle functions as a calendar that you can keep saved on your phone or computer, and it will save any dates and information for you. Doodle is easy to use and can be used for personal or professional occasions. Just record your events in Doodle and you will never miss an important date.
What are some of your favorite online office tools?
Did I miss anything? What’s on your list of favorite online office tools?