When getting started on Twitter one of the main questions that users ask is how do I get more Twitter followers?
When you first start using Twitter you'll find that you don't know anyone and no one follows you. You start to follow famous people; an artist, a journalist, a writer, even a politician etc… but you realize that they don't follow you back.
You start to get into conversations and follow people related to you and suddenly you have 10, then 20, then 30, 40 and Yeah! Reaching 50! and with a little luck and hard work and patience and you have 100! But basically you have the desire to have more followers. How do you get more followers? It is not by chance, here we give a simple methodology and without getting into the complications of automated following tools.
Perhaps some would say to me, “I prefer quality over quantity” and that's fine, but if you really want to see that your words, your thoughts, and your tweets go as far as possible, you need to have a good audience to take you as far as possible. It is a matter of strategy to position your username. If you just want to find and read, Ok! you do not need many fans. You just need to follow your sources of information but if you want to go there, I have this for you.
The steps to get your first 2,000 twitter followers.
1. Define your areas of interest and write a compelling Twitter bio.
2. Try to find users who are influential in your area of interest and look if they are on Twitter whether a writer, consultant, marketer, a technology expert, an architect, designer, community manager or a blogger like me… you know well who they are.
3. Now we come to the next step. Users who follow you should have powerful statistics, experience and a bit of good human behavior. I would like to share the fact that between 25% -30% users will be reciprocal and follow you back. The interesting thing is that you're connecting with people who are related to your preferences and not just fans who'll be random but they are more selective and segmented. Twitter does not limit the number of followers you can have. However, they monitor how aggressively users follow other users. They try to make sure that none of their limits restrain reasonable usage and will not affect most Twitter users.
BONUS VIDEO FROM MS. ILEANE: Get More Followers on Twitter with Narrow
- I recommend you follow 200-300 per day (all depends on your time available)
- You should vary and follow different selected influencers, not all of them
- You can also use http://twitter.com/ #! / search-advanced to search for users who are talking about your issues and preferences to connect with.
5. Once you have followed 2,000 users, lets say few days a week.
- During this week you will find how you and your community gradually begins to grow. Some will welcome you with either a tweet or direct message (DM), return the message since this gives you the opportunity to exercise your first connection with these new Twitter followers.
- Start talking to people you are following (it really helps), give a kind reply to their comments and retweet their publications. This will be integrated into the dynamics of Twitter.
- Begin to share content that you liked and you consider useful to your Twitter followers (articles, video, photos, etc.)
- You can start building your own blog and create content. I agree that a blog + your Twitter Profile = powerful magical combination.
6. After a week you will probably have about 500 followers but once you've followed 2000 users there are limits to the number of additional users you can follow. Now how do I keep it longer if no one is following me back? Well it is relatively easy. Here I will show you the most basic way to do it without any tools.
- Sign in to www.twitter.com to your account.
- Go to “Following” or “Followers”.
- Enter one of the users you follow, right next to their Twitter handle you will see the words [Follows You] if you don't see that, they are not reciprocating.
- Unfollow users who are not Following you back on Twitter
- Do not do it aggressively because to Twitter this can be considered spam. You can review the rules and best practices for Twitter https://support.twitter.com/articles/100161 -following-on-twitter-limits-and-best-practices
I've passed the 2,000 Twitter followers mark. Now what?
Well if you've arrived at the 2,000 fans, the story changes and you realize that you have developed a good community. Your community will begin to heat up and when you talk to them they recognize you and gradually they will read your Tweets, and other news that you publish on a regular basis. You're building a personal brand and people recognize you for your words for your ideas, you are doing your part to make a name for yourself on the network. Now the task of managing your Twitter followers has become more complicated and you might want to use some Twitter management tools.
I hope this article will be useful and hopefully I can comment on how it went after applying this.
I love to have your comments and your opinion on your first 2,000 twitter followers.
I hope this article has been of interest and utility. If you like to share it with your friends or colleagues do it by clicking the button Tweet (Twitter), I like / Like (Facebook), Share (Delicious).
If you want to contact me It will be a pleasure interacting with you.