I shared my best Pinterest marketing ideas in this interview with Jeff Sieh. But first, let me tell you a little about Jeff. He's the man behind the widely popular Google+ Hangout series called The Manly Pinterest Tips Show.
Yes, that's right, men love Pinterest too!
I think Jeff is the perfect person to advocate for the wide spread adoption of Pinterest by men around the world. I love when he talks about how he and his daughter have secret boards on Pinterest that are just for the two of them. Pretty cool right!
The Manly Pinterest Tips Interview
With all that Jeff has going for him when it comes to social media and especially Pinterest, you can just imagine how thrilled I was when he asked me to be on his Manly Pinterest Tips Show. Previous guests on his show included the likes of Shannon Hernandez, Rebekah Radice, Peg Fitzpatrick, Kim Vij and the list goes on. Jeff is so well liked that he has even been able to interview the folks from Pinterest analytics and scheduling apps like TailwindApp and Ahalogy.
Don't worry if you're not familiar with Tailwindapp or Ahalogy because I go into detail about how those tools can be used to improve your Pinterest marketing efforts.
So without further ado, here's the recording of the Hangout on Air event called Driving Traffic with Pinterest
Timestamps, Topics Tips and Tools Covered
- Introduction and how my daughter Nikki got me started with blogging 01:49
- The importance of belonging to blogging communities like Blog Engage, Triberr and Viral Content Buzz 04:51
- How Viral Content Buzz helped me understand the power of Pinterest traffic 06:14
- How I use Ahalogy and Tailwindapp to buffer my pinning schedule on Pinterest 07:13
- The content discovery Engine in Tailwindapp (note: this feature is no longer in beta, it's available for everyone) 09:00
- Hidden features of PostPlanner and how to use it for creating “image quote” posts on Pinterest 10:00
- How to use Buzzsumo to find the top pins from any domain on the web 12:04
- Re-purposing and cross-promoting your images on other platforms 13:44
- When and how to get involved with Group boards on Pinterest 18:50
- Strategies for getting your YouTube videos to perform well on Pinterest 21:26
- Commenting on pins and how to find comments in Tailwindapp 28:25
- The importance of optimizing your profile, board descriptions for SEO 36:20
- Pinterest related blogs and webinars: Canva, Tailwind Blog, Piqora, Vincent Ng. Oh So Pinteresting 37:17
- Real-life Pinterest topics and boards for Men 39:16
I hope you share the enthusiasm that Jeff and I have for Pinterest and I certainly hope that you take advantage of the marketing ideas we discussed in the video. If there's something you have questions about or if you have tips of your own to share, please leave a comment below.
- Manly Pinterest Tips – An Interview with Jeff Sieh – Scalable Social Media
- Pinterest Savvy: Strategies, Plans, and Tips to Grow Your Business with Pinterest Melissa Taylor
- Pinterest Tips for Bloggers Group Pinterest Board
- Resource list of royalty free image sites Free Gift Pack