Growing a site from zero to 10,000 monthly visitors is a BIG deal.
Did you know that 81% of blogs NEVER get more than 100 visitors a day?
If you are struggling to grow your website traffic, this post is exclusively for you.
But before diving into the details, let’s first talk about the benefits of getting 10,000+ visitors per month to your blog or website.
- Your affiliate product sales will skyrocket
- You will see more social shares
- You will start getting more buzz online
- You will generate more blog comments
- Your overall website sales will improve
Now, let me walk you through few insider strategies you can use to grow your site from 0 to 10,000+ visitors a month.
Growing A Site from 0 to 10,000+ Visitors Per Month
#1. Create highly shareable content
You may think writing great, lengthy content and publishing it is enough.
No, it’s not.
Once you are done with content creation, you must give a reason for your readers to share it extensively.
Some content easily goes viral on social media. You need to make your content more actionable, include attractive images and great design. You need to produce the type of content that gets shared crazily.
You need to ask yourself, will the content I am publishing be relevant after 1 year? If you create content that is visually appealing, useful, and informative then it will be automatically shared.
Because, more social shares = better search rankings.
You need to create such engaging content that your readers can’t resist sharing it.
That being said, the question remains – how can you create shareable content?
- Make your content more visually appealing. How? Use Infographics. No matter what the topic is, it gets easily shared.
- Be unique while writing content. Never duplicate the content on your site. Why? If the same content is available on several other sites, why would anyone come and visit your site? So, always write unique content.
- Use simple language that is understandable by anyone.
- Bring a positive emotional feeling in your content that connects you with readers. If possible, tell an inspiring story or report on thrilling and exciting news based on your topic.
- Write a title for your blog post that attracts your readers. It should instill excitement in the reader's mind and entice them to read and share. For example, “He saw a different shadow in the midnight, what happened next?”, “What are the amazing things you could do during pregnancy?”
- Most of the viral content is based on controversial topics. If your chosen topic has something that has controversial statements, then use it.
#2. Do these 5 things after publishing a blog post
Well, you spent good amount of time in writing amazing content and you finally published your article. Now, the most important thing you need to do is to PROMOTE. Without promotion, your content won't get any attention online (especially if you are a beginner). Here’s how you can promote your posts to get more buzz online.
- Share on all of the popular social media platforms. Don’t limit your post by only sharing on Facebook, Twitter and Google plus. Use the power of social media and get the most out of it. Try using Pinterest, Instagram or even Snapchat!
- Write answers to relevant questions on Quora and link back to your posts. Why? Quora is a great platform that can bring a huge audience to your blog.
- Leave comments on other blogs. Why? In order to grow as a successful blogger, you must connect with other bloggers. To expand your network, leave worthy and useful comments on other blogs in your niche.
- Do blogger outreach: Blogger outreach is all about building relationships. You can write guest posts for other blogs, conduct expert interviews, help other bloggers to come up with amazing topic ideas and so on.
- Use forums: Blog communities or forums are like social network for bloggers. In order to drive good amount of traffic to your site, you must engage with other bloggers. Check out: MyBlogU.
What you will get by promoting your content and collaborating with other bloggers?
- You will build relationships with other bloggers.
- Submitting posts in forums can increase your site's rank.
- You will get quality backlinks which improves your site PA (Page Authority) and DA (Domain Authority).
- You will get latest updates related to your blog niche.
Here are few places where you can promote your blog posts for maximum exposure.
#3. Promote other bloggers
No one succeeds alone. You need the help of others to succeed in any field. But the most common mistake majority of the bloggers make while promoting their blog is they promote themselves.
Instead of self-promotion, promote other bloggers. Read other blogs in your niche, share their stuff on twitter, Facebook and leave comments on their posts. Link out to their blog posts frequently and let them know about it. Sooner or later, they will start doing the same things for you!
You can also create “weekly roundup posts” where you can link out the best blog posts from others in your niche. Once you are done publishing them, you can simply ask the bloggers whom you’ve linked to promote your stuff.
As a rule of thumb, share at least 5 posts of other bloggers on Twitter, Facebook, and Google plus weekly. Make sure to tag them with their usernames so they get notified whenever you give a shout out to their content.
It’s also a smart strategy to link out to other bloggers frequently. Let them know when you do link to other bloggers and as time goes by they'll also reciprocate by linking to your blog’s content. That’s how blogging works. Focus on building relationships by helping others and you will get the rewards in the long run.
#4. Start using long tail keywords
Long tail keywords have high conversion value because it has less search traffic and more importantly they are specific. To generate organic search traffic to your blog, you must use long tail keywords in your blog post.
There are several sources to get targeted traffic but among all those search engine is evergreen. You can get traffic from search engine only by using long tail keywords in your post.
How can you find long tail keywords?
- To get long tail keywords for your blog, go to Soovle.com or simply use Long Tail Pro keyword research tool. It gives you so many keyword suggestions and ideas.
- If you want more keyword ideas, you can use Uber Suggest which generates more keyword ideas than soovle.com.
- Get the best out of most popular question and answer website Quora. It helps you to frame keyword ideas for your niche blog. While using this for your blog, search your blog niche topic questions.
- There is yet another awesome free tool to generate long tail keywords is Keywordtool.io
- With Google keyword planner, you can find what type of keywords are growing popular. It will be very useful to find long tail keywords.
- Try to find the long tail keywords with less search volume. Select those keywords with 500 to 2000 monthly searches so you will have better chances to get first page rankings.
Still not satisfied? There is one powerful tool which generates lot many keyword ideas in addition to top ranking URL’s for those keywords. It gives complete details including page authority and domain authority. Go to Moz Analytics Keyword Analysis Tool.
Quick tip: Make sure to use a better hosting service to run your WordPress sites as your hosting affects your website speed and rankings to a large extent. So if you are just starting out and thinking about building a high traffic website, give #1 priority to your web hosting service and you can stay peacefully in the long run.
Answer the Public is a new keyword research tool you should use. Take a look at how it works:
#5. Build backlinks, the more the better
If you are the one who struggles to make your blog to the top of Google, you would probably heard about the power of backlinks. You might also have heard about on-site SEO and off-site SEO.
Through off-site SEO, you can build quality backlinks from authority sites. What is offsite SEO? It is to get good number of backlinks from high authority sites.
Now, how to build backlinks to your blog?
- Do guest posting on authority sites related to your blog niche. Authority sites are the ones which has high PA(Page Authority) and DA(Domain Authority)
- Take an active participation in your blog niche forums. Submit your new blog posts on relevant forums in your niche.
- Do blog commenting related to your niche and use your recent blog post links while commenting instead of using home page links.
- Submit your posts to blog communities like Blog Engage, Blokube, Just Retweet etc.
- Make pdf out of your blog posts and share through document sharing sites.
- Interview influential bloggers.
- Use wikipedia to build backlinks. How? Anyone can edit the information and add pages to wikipedia. Find broken links and update them with your blog link. You can find dead links by using wikigrabber
- Submit your blog to niche blog directories.
#6. Proper on-page SEO can boost your search rankings
Make sure to learn the basics of SEO if you’re struggling to get more traffic from search engines. If you are craving to improve your website’s ranking position, you must know proper on-page SEO techniques
Both off-page SEO and on-page SEO are needed to get maximum exposure in search engines. However, on-page SEO is more important as it is where you optimize your content for a target keyword.
Well, how you can boost your search rankings using on-page SEO?
- Content is king. Only a well-written article survives in the digital world. Always write unique and useful content. It affects your blog SEO ranking based on the amount of time visitors spending time on your blog. You can increase this time only through lengthy(minimum 1000 words), unique and useful content.
- Write catchy titles for your blog post. The first thing that appears in search engine is your post title. If that is not interesting, readers won’t even click on it.
- Use attractive sub-headings in your blog post. It instills enthusiasm to readers to read the complete article.
- While ranking your website, Google and bing considers website page-loading speed so make sure that you optimize image sizes in your post as it helps in reducing file size.
- Improve user-experience. You can do this by using proper heading tags in your content.
- Use Yoast SEO plugin for basic On-Page SEO and never forget to add meta description to your post. Make sure you include proper keyword in it.
- While writing content, make sure that you keep the keyword in blog post title, first paragraph, image alt tags.
- Do internal linking to your blog posts.
- Use Infographics in your blog post and give your blog link in it.
Final thoughts on growing a site from zero to 10,000+ visitors a month
Starting a WordPress blog is really easy. But making it profitable is really not. Building a high traffic blog takes time so you need to be consistent with your efforts.
Set goals. Create a content plan for next 3 months. Use keywords wisely while writing your content and attract as many links as possible to your content. Soon you will start noticing a huge growth in your search rankings and traffic.
Do you have any questions? Do you have any more tips to grow a site from 0 to 10,000+ visitors a month? Do let me know your thoughts in the comments.